Top 10 Headache Remedies and Cures
When a headache strikes suddenly, it's not just painful, it's downright infuriating! The pain can feel like just a tiny pinch at first, but given enough time, that pinch turns into a sledgehammer that keeps pounding away at your head until you can't stand it anymore. Luckily though, you don't have to just sit there and take it like you have in the past -- you've got options, the best of all being fast acting, natural headache remedies & cures.
You and I both know that headache relief medication -- such as aspirin -- is becoming increasingly more UNRELIABLE to heal your headache pain. Not one day goes by where we don't see a commercial about how a drug was recalled because it caused SERIOUS side effects or even death. Having said that, it's only getting more foolish with each new day to turn to pills in order to get headache relief.
Most people don't realize it, but NATURAL headache remedies and cures are the best way to go about treating headaches quickly and SAFELY. In fact, you can actually heal your headache in as little as 5 to 10 minutes so long as you're using the right headache cures. Don't believe it? Well, then you've obviously never tried using these 10 outstanding headache remedies. Take a look.
10 Easy Remedies That Can Heal Your Headache Fast...
1. Large Glass of Water. Sounds too easy, right? Well it works more often then you think. Dehydration is one of the MOST COMMON causes of headaches, so a glass of cool, clear water might be all you need to start relieving pain.
2. Deep Massage. You probably already know about massages and how they help to relieve stress & tension. However, what you didn't likely know is that a firm massage on the head, face, AND neck can quickly get rid of headache pain.
3. Aromatherapy. This is quickly becoming one of the most well known headache remedies around. Why? Because it actually WORKS. Sandlewood, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, and a wide assortment of other natural oils can be used to reduce, if not completely eliminate pain. These scents can be found in oils, candles, and even soaps.
4. Take a Hot Shower. Stand in the shower and allow the hot water to cascade down your neck and back. This should loosen your muscles and allow for better blood flow. Also, this would be a good time to use the aromatherapy "soap" that was mentioned in headache cure #3.
5. Ice Pack. You can use an ice pack, a cold towel, a bag of frozen peas, or anything else that's really cold. Apply this cold item to the back of your neck (or wherever the pain is located) and allow it to sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. This technique should help reduce any inflammation, not to mention help numb the pain a bit.
6. Using Pressure Points. One of the most underrated of all headache cures & remedies is using pressure points. It sounds far-fetched, sure, but it can provide great results if done correctly. Try It Out: Find where the bones of your "index" finger & thumb meet (the fleshy area). Apply pressure to this spot for 2 minutes.
7. Relaxing & Resting. Sometimes a headache is just your body telling you that you're overworked and way too stressed. Lie down in a dark room, shut your eyes, and just relax for awhile. Once this particular headache "attack" goes away, you should try to dial down your stress a bit and look for ways to relax and enjoy life just a bit more. (This is another one of those headache remedies that is much too often overlooked)
8. Diet. Do certain foods you eat always seem to trigger a headache? Then it's time to dump these items from your daily diet. Everyone reacts differently to foods (and the ingredients they contain) so it's important to take a CLOSE look at what you're eating and when these "attacks" occur. If need be, keep a headache diary.
9. Calcium Supplement. This can help to relax your muscles and increase bloodflow, which should help to alleviate pain a bit. A large glass of orange juice should do fine if you are without supplements. Many experts recommend taking a supplement which has both magnesium & calcium for maximum headache relief.
10. Exercise. Depending on the severity of the attack, this is one of those headache cures which might not be that easy to do. But regardless, you should definitely consider doing this before AND after the headache. Exercise will increase circulation & bloodflow throughout the body, allowing more blood & more oxygen to reach your brain. Exercising regularly should GREATLY help to PREVENT headaches from returning.Well, there you have it, 10 great remedies you can use right now to heal your headache pain. Do yourself a favor and write these down, print them out, or just bookmark this page and come back to it later -- you never know when you might need to use them for instant headache relief!